Great Marlborough Productions Ltd in partnership with Cartoon Network London is looking for a SERIES COMPOSITING SUPERVISOR for Season 6 of “The Amazing World of Gumball”.
The series unique technical challenge for compositing is to integrate 2d and 3D character animation within mixed media environments (including live action, stills, 3D and 2D elements).
The compositing department is split in two, with the Series Compositing Supervisor and one Keyframe Compositor working from London on key shots that are then shared and sent to Studio SOI in Germany where the main composting is happening. The team in Germany is made of nine artists and two supervisors.
The Series Compositing Supervisor will be working very closely with the directors and art director, who are in-house in London, to set the look and working methodology for each episode, especially those that fall outside of our normal pipeline.
He/She will create key shots that are then shared with the rest of the team in Germany who will spread the look to the rest of the episode.
The Compositing Supervisor will be responsible for reviewing the work of the team in Germany. He/she will also have regular catch-ups with the supervisors at Studio Soi, to discuss any areas they need additional feedback or guidance for.
He/She will also work closely with the edit and production departments, to ensure final episodes meet production standards and are delivered to schedule.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team leader and problem solver.
The Series Compositing Supervisor will have inside-out knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop. He/She must be able to demonstrate the ability to implement different art directions and working with various techniques. He/She will be used to working to tight deadlines. He/She will have to show strong verbal and written communication skills.
Reporting to: Series Creator, Directors and Producer
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating key frames for outsource studio to follow on episode with specific looks
- Discussing feasibility of look and technical issues with the directors, other supervisors and the TD
- Attending Directors’ briefs for each episode
- Reviewing work from outsource studio on concurrently running episodes
- Guiding outsource studio through methodology and technical issues they may encounter
- Attending final online grade for delivery
- You may be asked to advise on or attend live action shoots as required
- 3 year + experience at senior/lead level
- In depth knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop
- Previous experience on mixed-media and animation projects essential
- Previous experience in series a plus
- Working knowledge of Shotgun a plus
If you would like to apply for this role please submit your CV/Resume with link to showreel to: email@example.com. Please print the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
Start Date: 24 July 2017 for approximately one year
Location: LONDON. This role requires you to have the legal rights to work in the UK.