IMMEDIATE VACANCY – CG Technical Director
Great Marlborough Production Limited in conjunction with Cartoon Network London is looking for a CG Technical Director.
The Amazing World of Gumball is an award-winning animated TV series with an original and distinctive multimedia look. We’re crewing up for its fourth season and are looking for new talents to help improve and facilitate our challenging workflow. It is a fast paced series production with a passionate and talented team that continually push the boundaries of what is possible in a TV show.
The CG Technical Director is a newly created position to help us efficiently solve the different challenges we’re facing, coordinate the pipeline between departments and build technical experience within the studio.
In this role you will advise Producers and Supervisors on best technical procedures and tools, as well as supervising their deployment. We have no permanent R&D team so you should be resourceful and able to rely on your own experience. You should facilitate the jobs of artists around you and homogenise workflows. You will also be expected to solve challenging shots sometimes containing particle or physics simulations, troubleshoot software issues and depending of your profile and workload, participate in asset building, shot lighting or animation.
This is a great opportunity for somebody seeking a technical decision-making position while still working on a variety shots and influencing the aesthetic look of the show. We’re looking for somebody who is experienced, motivated, curious and has initiative.
- Senior / Experienced;
- Working alongside our Background Supervisor, Pre-vis Supervisor, Animation Directors & Producers;
- Pipeline creation and improvement between our Pre-vis, Background, Animation and Compositing departments.
- Train and monitor teams to follow procedures and conventions.
- Advise Producers and supervisors on appropriate technical procedures.
- Work with the art teams to achieve challenging sequences.
- Build simple tools where possible and necessary.
- Solve all 3D simulations and other 3D special effects.
- Work on challenging shots when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An encompassing knowledge of 3D animation and VFX workflow.
- Significant demonstrable experience with Maya.
- Fluent English (Spoken and written).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge in: Asset management, colour theory & linear workflow, geometry caching.
- Experience with After Effects, Shotgun software, Mental Ray.
- Rigging experience in Maya.
- Any additional knowledge will be considered.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org making sure you put the position you are applying for in the subject line. This role requires you to have the legal rights to work in the UK.
Start Date: September/October 2014