3D BACKGROUND ARTISTS
Starting from the layout artwork, the background department are responsible for the final look & lighting of each background plate. This involves the use of Maya (Mental Ray) and After Effects for moving backgrounds, as well as designing graphic elements to integrate into the backgrounds.
If you would like to apply for this role please submit your CV/Resume with link to showreel to: email@example.com. Please print the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
Selected applicants will be required to complete a background test that may take up to one day of work, which can be done remotely.
We are currently recruiting for junior, mid & senior positions
- Ready to work in a fast paced series production
- Good eye for photo-realism and confident with heavy photo manipulation
- Comfortable with graphic design
- Good generalist knowledge of the 3D pipeline stages (animation, modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, compositing).
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and rending with Mental Ray
- Understanding of linear workflow.
- Experience projecting matte painting and photographic elements onto 3D geometry in Maya.
- Modeling, UVing and texturing skills.
- Good understanding of colour theory, shot composition and camera focal lengths.
- Ability to trouble shoot technical problems with 3D scenes and optimise renders.
Required: Maya (Mental Ray), After Effects.
It is not essential to know Photoshop/matte painting for the 3D position but it is preferred.
Knowledge of additional software will be considered.
Location: LONDON. This role requires you to have the legal rights to work in the UK.